Here are a few things to put on your radar.
1. Please continue to use Ms. Smith & her Jr. Techs as your first contact for technical needs.
2. Student IAM will be rolled out in earnest Wednesday the 23rd. I will have multiple DIF's on campus to facilitate if needed. The process is finalized and has worked at multiple schools. The only error encountered to this point are students with unusual names that will require a reset. The rate of error is below 2% so I'm not worried. If you have students that want to attempt access before the 23rd you may give them the following link to a How To video https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw2y_YjbQCZxVWlGZEdsZFZ0aUk/view?usp=sharing
3. My calendar on this blog is pretty well updated. Please email, call or use the form here to get me to come plan with you.
4. PLC's arent' just internal. If you are interested in talking/planning/sharing resources with peers at PCHS and/or NMHS please let me know and I'll make it happen.
5. Mr. McCormick has said that he is seeking out the funds to send more teachers this year to the NCTIES conference. A. Parsons, J. Blake, & K. Faw attended last year and can give you an idea of whether or not it is something that interests you. I will let you know if and when funding is secured as well as how we will determine who gets to go this year.
*If you want to seize the reigns and guarantee your spot:
NCTIES offers free registration to anyone selected to present at the conference. Don't underestimate your teaching, many of you do awesome things that other teachers would love to know. Go to the website and fill out a session proposal. All they can do is say no.
6. Find and apply to a NCATT session that appeals to you. It's a free vacation from your career that you get CEU's for. Once you apply, CALL them a couple of days' later "to double check you submitted correctly" and see if they won't go ahead and grant your admission.